Small Farm Advice - 30 mins
Interested in raising meat chickens, laying hens, pigs, turkeys, beef cattle or a milk cow? I'd love to chat with you and share some tips and tricks that I've learned over the past 8 years of running my farm in central Saskatchewan, Canada.
Focused on pasture-based production techniques for meat production for your family or for a wider customer base.
We can discuss a variety of ideas, focusing on one or more of these subjects:
• soil health
• improving land biodiversity using animal production
• tips for getting ready for your animals
• pasture-based production of meat chickens, laying hens, turkeys, beef cattle and/or milk cows
• heritage chicken breeds
• characteristics to look for in your grassfed beef animals
• points to consider when choosing your milk cow
• butchering techniques
• using every part of the animal (hide, bones, fat, organs)
• marketing your products to a wider customer base
I look forward to sharing my experience with you! :)
We can chat using a virtual video service such as Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp.
Training & Qualifications
I am a farmer in central Saskatchewan Canada. I have a diploma in Livestock Production from Lakeland College and I have 8 years experience in raising my own farm animals, and marketing the meat and eggs to my customers in nearby cities.
You can check out my webpage and find my social media links at www.sloughbottom.ca.
Availability & Preferences