House Concert Host ~ Coaching
With the help and support of family and friends, I have hosted dozens of house concerts (living room concerts) since the mid-nineties. House concerts are a magical way to bring music to people. Touring artists get the chance to play to a listening audience, in your living room, on a night when they might otherwise be stuck in a motel room (costing them money!). Instead, you gather up some friends and family and pass the proverbial hat. An artist who gets to play their music to a captive audience, is a very happy artist. If you can provide a bed and a couple of meals, even better! If this sounds appealing to you, please be in touch. We can spend some time talking about how this could happen in your home. :) We'll talk about:
- best physical flow of the event... in *your* space
- how you can increase the value of this experience for the artist, for the people attending... and for you!
- ideas on how to promote your concert to friends and family (without guilting them into coming!)
- how social media can support you in getting the word out
- tips and tools to make your house concert run smoothly
Training & Qualifications
Since 1996, we have hosted dozens of house concerts. Coupled with my experience in the music industry, as a manager, producer, festival and conference organizer and music buyer, my insights into what makes a great house concert might help you to consider hosting your own living room musical magic.
Availability & Preferences
I am available most any time for this kind of chat. Daytimes/Weekdays are best for me.
Face-to-face and in your home is best! But through Skype might work, too.
Please reach out and we'll work something out.