Canoe/Backpack Trip Planning
I'd love to you out with advice, tips, and resources for planning your back-country trip (canoe or hiking). I can help you out with things like:
- How long should the trip be? How far should we plan to travel each day?
- What do I need to bring? Where do I get gear?
- What do we eat on trip? How do we safely store our food?
- What important safety considerations do we need to include in our planning?
If you're in South-Western Ontario, I can offer more specific advice on things like:
- Route recommendations for hiking and canoeing
- Where do I rent a canoe for my trip? How do I get it to my put-in?
- Time-of-year considerations for different types of trips
I love to talk trips, so hit me up!
Training & Qualifications
I honestly believe that time in nature provides countless opportunities for personal growth, relaxation, and challenge. I've been heading out to the back-country in canoes and on my own two feet since I was a kid. I've led trips of total newbies from their first overnight to their first two week adventure. I love helping people plan their trips and am always looking to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone.
Availability & Preferences
Weekday evenings and weekends