1 Hour CAD Modeling Basics
We will create the components of a desk lamp and assemble them. In this exercise, you will learn how to use basic features within the CAD software of your choice (just give me some notice so that I can prepare for the session and adapt it to the software of your choosing - I have access to Solidworks and Open-Source CAD Software). You will learn:
- How to create a 2D sketch
- Set constraints
- Create a pad and pocket feature
- Sweep feature
- Shaft feature
- How to position and assemble the component parts
- How to mate component parts to each other
Training & Qualifications
- I have a Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Engineering - CAD/CAM
- I have been a Teacher's Assistant for a related subject, camp counselor, mentor to peers in college, etc...
- I enjoy teaching others new things and making their day better
Availability & Preferences
I'm usually free after 5pm on weekdays.